How do I import contacts to WhatsApp?
Gone are the days when you'd have to save contacts to your mobile one by one first for them to be accessible in WhatsApp Web. You may bulk import unsaved contacts in a simple click!
- Look for the import icon found above the chat list.
- Upload a CSV file of contact numbers with the format of country code + WhatsApp number. You may download a sample CSV file for best practices found in the pop up itself.
- Once you've uploaded the file, select which tab to import the contacts to.
- Click on Import to finalize.
Important things to note
- Importing a large number of chats is prohibited by WhatsApp and can result in your account being banned.
- Do not overuse this feature so you do not risk your account being blocked by WhatsApp